Frequently Asked Questions
What is Thermage?
Thermage is a safe, non-invasive procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth wrinkles in the skin for an overall younger looking appearance. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime – on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Since there is no surgery involved you can generally return to normal activities immediately following the procedure.
How long has Thermage been available?
• Your eyes can look brighter with reduced hooding.
• Elsewhere on the body, wrinkled, crepey or sagging skin can appear smoother.
• You can also see improvement in your cellulite. Your skin will be smoother with
Results vary depending on age and skin condition.
What will I look like immediately after the procedure? Can I go right back to work?
There’s no special care needed after treatment and most patients return to their regular activities immediately following treatment.
Does it hurt?
Each time the treatment device touches your skin, you’ll feel a brief cooling sensation, followed by a deep but brief heating sensation, followed by another cooling sensation. The heating sensation is a sign that the deep layers of your skin are reaching effective temperatures for smoothing wrinkles, while the cooling sensation protects the surface of your skin. Throughout the procedure, your technician will ask for feedback on the level of heat sensation to help balance your comfort with maximum results.
We offer Thermage CPT®, which stands for Comfort Pulse Technology™. These treatments incorporate vibration, which has been shown to significantly improve patient comfort.
Who performs the procedure?
Our staff have been extensively trained on the Thermage procedures.
Can I get a Thermage procedure instead of a facelift?
Thermage can definitely smooth your skin, but it won’t provide the dramatic results of a surgical facelift. If you would like modest smoother of your skin and collagen rebuilding without surgery, then Thermage may be right for you. Our staff would be happy to discuss the different approaches with you during your complementary consultation.
Can I avoid other cosmetic procedures if I do this?
Each procedure has its own benefits. Thermage is a great non-invasive choice for skin smoothing. During your complimentary consultation, our trained staff will discuss which procedure(s) is best for you and your desired results
Can I get a Thermage procedure if I’ve already had other procedures?
Thermage procedures are compatible with most other cosmetic procedures, like soft-tissue fillers, Fraxel or even Botox®. For best results you will need to discuss your past procedures, as well as your current expectations with our technicians during your complimentary consultation.
Is it safe?
Thermage procedures are offered by over 2500 physicians in more than 80 countries and have an excellent safety record. Of course, as with any procedure there’s always some risk. Our highly trained technicians can discuss those with you during your complimentary consultation. Side effects are generally mild and may include redness, swelling, blisters, bumps and rare instances of surface irregularities.
How much does the Thermage procedure cost?
The cost depends on the area you’re having treated. We encourage you to come in for a complimentary consultation at which point we can give you a more precise idea of cost.
Thermage® CPT system
An original and still #1.
- A pioneer in skin tightening since 2007
- Developed a one-of-a-kind, patented radiofrequency technology designed to deliver comfort and outstanding results
- Proven efficacy and comfort, with over 50 published clinical studies
- Offered by over 2500 physicians in more than 80 countries Your skin can look smoother and more youthful as the underlying collagen is regenerated. Depending on what you have treated:
- Tighter eyes with reduced hooding.
- Elsewhere on the body, wrinkled, crepey, or sagging skin can appear smoother.
- You can also see a temporary improvement in the appearance of your cellulite. Your skin will be smoother with reduced dimpling.
4777 Mcclelland Rd #1510, Richmond, BC V6X 2K5